The maintenance mechanic position conducts machine setup, troubleshooting, repairs and preventive maintenance service.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Prepares and sets up machinery for scheduled production runs.
- Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of packaging and production machines.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Comply with OSHA safety and health rules.
- Ability to read/interpret wiring diagrams (both AC and DC)
- Preferred knowledge of 480 volt, 3-phase electric
- Rack and pinion motors and gear boxes
- Rack and Pinion construction elevators/hoists
- Hydraulic cranes
- Concrete grout pumps
- Swing Stages / Suspended Scaffolding
- Work Platform / Mast Climber
- A variety of other small equipment
The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of weather conditions at construction job sites. This position requires work in high locations. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. (Proper safety equipment and training will be provided by the company.)
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., 40 hours per week, may require occasional emergency weekend hours.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Preferred Education and/or Certifications (Company is willing to train and help individual to get the proper certifications and licenses)
- Elevator licenses in the following states desired: Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky
- OSHA 10 Certification
- MSHA Part 48 Above Ground Certification
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
401 K plan offered
Medical/Dental/Vision offered through Blue Cross Blue Shield
Company Paid Life Insurance
Company Paid Long Term Disability
This position is part of Teamsters Union for St. Louis